Rossendales have been established since 1972 and are often used by local authorities to collect outstanding debts.
Each bailiff is different but often they seem to stick to the same procedures to try and collect payment.
- Claim to have the right to enter the property even if you are not at home.
- Claim that the account has gone to far to be able to look at payment plans.
- Request for you to turn to family or friends to help repay the debt.
- Failure to comply with the bailiff can lead to the police being called.
How we can help
- Look at getting you legal protection against further action (stop the bailiff from being able to visit)
- Look to set up payment plans on your term in line with what you can realistically afford.
- Check that the correct procedures have been followed.